The following post, from contractor Greg Paterson, is a gem. He points out that the Ontario College of Trades is the SIXTH “regulatory” hand in his pocket as he tries to run his business.
The government wants to know WHY the underground economy is alive ?
I currently pay, to run my one house-service business, the following fees:
– Refrigeration & A /C license
– Gas fitter 1 license
– TSSA ( which by the way send no info except to explain a fee increase or
– liability insurance ( based on gross sales – what a joke! )
– now Ontario College of Trades fee
– also WSIB effective Jan 2013 ( holy cow this could turn into an annuity for
those of us in our later years w/ pain from working in the trade )
I’m fed up ! Guess I”ll back off, get out of Bus and live simple, that should rely
stimulate the economy and educate our youth ………. I’ve had it !!!
- Posted by Greg Paterson