Get to work as a Project Manager for Men At Work
Here's a dream job for you...
September 19, 2019 by Robert Koci
Men At Work Design Build • Toronto, Ontario
Specializing in home additions and major home renovations in old Toronto neighborhoods, Men At Work Design Build provides integrated engineering, space planning, interior design, and professional project management services to help solve home space problems for Toronto families. Established in 1989, our team has received numerous local, provincial and international awards and acknowledgments for outstanding design and workmanship, and for delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.Position Summary
As a project manager at Men At Work, you are responsible for managing a portfolio of typically three or four concurrent, active residential renovation construction projects. You will be the customers’ primary contact, advocate, expectation-setter, and problem solver. You are directly responsible for the customers’ satisfaction and for strictly managing the budget, the account, and scheduling of the projects under your control. You will report to the Production Manager and work regularly alongside our diverse team of designers, project managers, and carpenters.Responsibilities
• Create project schedules and update them daily using our Project Management System (currently CoConstruct).
• Participate with the design team in the creation of product selection sheets for customers.
• Participate in pre-construction meetings with internal team and site walkthroughs with customers.
• Post daily project status reports to customers.
• Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain quotes and negotiate deals for required services and materials for projects.
• Organize and oversee the work of subcontractors and internal workers and ensure compliance with the plans and contracts, performing quality control.
• Advise the accounting department of all committed subcontracts and other purchases for projects.
• Troubleshoot questions/issues that arise during construction and coordinate necessary communications and meetings between subs/suppliers/design team/customers as required.
• Arrange and administer client-requested or site condition required extra work or changes to the scope of work.
• Process/allocate to appropriate job cost codes all incoming bills and expenses for the projects.
• Set up and follow all applicable government and safety compliance requirements for projects such as filing Notice of Project with Ministry of Labour, obtaining Designated Substance Report, posting permit cards, WSIB and other safety signs at sites.
• Participate in monthly project reviews with Production Manager and Controller, assisting with the preparation of monthly cost reports.
• Participate in periodic production department meetings.Education
• At least two years of postsecondary school education (Formal education in residential construction, engineering, architectural and/or interior design, and/or project management strongly preferred).
• You are very comfortable with computers, email, internet use and are adept at quickly learning computer and technology based systems and skills.
• Minimum of two years of active involvement in residential renovation/construction projects (more experience preferred).
• You understand residential construction processes and terminology and can read and understand construction drawings.
• Fluent understanding of Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code
• A resident of Toronto, or willing to promptly relocate to Toronto.
• Knowledge of residential renovations and construction.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license
• Excellent professional, written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Self-disciplined, problem solver and high attention to detail.
• Great time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Effective at leading and managing others in a supportive and encouraging manner to achieve results.
• Adept with Microsoft Excel, Word, and G Suite, and experienced with Gantt chart scheduling software
Competitive. Commensurate with experience.
Health and Dental plan (after 3-month probationary period)
Flexible work-life balance. Partially work-from-home, with some on-site and some company office work.
He didn’t ask us to post the position, but when you can help a friend, you help a friend. If you have an interest in this position, please contact Paul directly at Paul Gallop: firstname.lastname@example.org