Industry names Canada’s top stores for contractors
Home Hardware stores wins three Outstanding Retailer Awards
By Steve Payne
NIAGARA FALLS, ON – Oct. 19, 2016
The Canadian home improvement industry honoured some of its best home improvement retailers on Tuesday at the Hardlines 2016 Outstanding Retail Awards (ORAs).
Hardlines (www.hardlines.ca) is the leading news service for home improvement retailers in Canada.
Here are the winners:
- Best Hardware Store – Brantford Home Hardware, Brantford, ON
- Best Building Supply/Home Centre under 15,000 sq.ft. – Home Building Centre, Salmon Arm, BC
- Best Building Supply/Home Centre over 15,000 sq.ft. – Vanderhoof and Districts Co-op Home Centre, Vanderhoof, BC
- Best Contractor Specialist Store – Sen Western Wholesale Lumber (TIM-BR Mart), Vancouver, BC
- Best Large Surface Retailer – RONA Home & Garden, Kelowna, BC
- Young Retailers of the Year – Cindy Caron and Raphael D’Amours, Quincaillerie Palmarolle (TIM-BR Mart), Palmarolle, QC
- Marc Robichaud Memorial Community Leader Award – Orillia Home Hardware Building Centre, Orillia, ON.
The ORAs were founded in 1992 and are considered the most prestigious awards for home improvement retailers in Canada.
“There is something about each of this year’s winners that impressed the judges, not only for their business acumen and leadership skills, but for their ability to connect with their customers and their communities in a profound way,” said Michael McLarney, Editor and President of Hardlines Inc.
This year’s winning entries operate their stores, motivate their employee, connect with their customers and contribute to their local communities in ways that put them ahead of their peers and identified them as truly outstanding to the Hardlines panel of judges.