The best contractor yard in Canada? Outstanding Retailer Award goes to Wolf Creek Building Supplies, Lacombe, Alberta
Canada's national awards program for home improvement retailers are presented annual by Hardlines, the industry's daily news service
KING CITY, Ont., November 14, 2019 — Suppliers and retailers from across Canada gathered last night to honour the retail home improvement industry’s best hardware and building supply retailers. The occasion was the 2019 Outstanding Retailer Awards Gala Dinner, which marked the end of day one of the 24th Annual Hardlines Conference at the world-class Kingbridge Centre in King City, Ontario.
Delegates at the Hardlines Conference joined leaders from the retail chains, co-ops and buying groups who attended the Gala Dinner to honour their members and fellow retailers. Dealers from across the country were celebrated in eight categories covering the range of hardware and home improvement retailing formats, including a brand-new category that recognizes the entrepreneurial spirit that is at the core of this industry.
This year’s winners were:
- Best Contractor Specialist – Wolf Creek Building Supplies in Lacombe, Alta., John deRegt, Owner
- Best Hardware Store, any size – Windsor Home Hardware in Windsor, N.S., Jeff Redden, Owner
- Best Building Supply or Home Centre under 15,000 square feet – Norquay Co-operative Association Ltd. in Norquay, Sask., Justin Petelski, Manager
- Best Building Supply or Home Centre over 15,000 square feet – Cobourg Home Hardware Building Centre in Cobourg, Ont., Brad and Alana O’Neill, Joel Curtis, Owners
- Best Large Surface Retailer – Lowe’s Crowfoot in Calgary, , Ahsan Rana, Manager
- Best Young Retailer – Rebecca Wichers-Schreur, Wood Works of Renfrew in Renfrew, Ont, Manager
- Marc Robichaud Community Leader Award – RONA L’entrepôt Plateau in Gatineau, Que., Christian Leduc, Manager
- Independent Spirit Award– Ace Victory Building Centre in Mackenzie, B.C., Sylvain and Marilyne Laferriere, Owners.
The winners are carefully chosen from a field of high-quality nominees that are submitted from every part of Canada. The winners stood out within this elite group thanks to their ability to exceed in the areas of good business practice, customer relations, innovation and niche marketing.
“As with every industry, there are companies that stand out and individuals who make a difference. We are proud to be able to showcase the excellence in this industry through these awards,” said Michael McLarney, President of Hardlines Inc., which presents the awards.
About the Outstanding Retailer Awards
Launched in 1992, the Hardlines Outstanding Retailer Awards are the industry’s only national awards program dedicated to celebrating the achievements of hardware and building supply dealers in Canada. In its 27-year history, the program has honoured more than 150 retailers.
Celebrating its 24th year, Hardlines Inc. is a leading authority on the retail home improvement industry. Hardlines’ products and services include its weekly Hardlines electronic newsletter; its print magazine, Hardlines Home Improvement Quarterly; a comprehensive and informative website; Hardlines Dealer News for retail dealers and managers; a free daily news service; and the annual Hardlines Conference. For more information, please contact Michael McLarney, President of Hardlines Inc., at 416-489-3396 or firstname.lastname@example.org