Another survey says!Renovation Contractor
Houzz released its annual home renovation report. Here are some of the key findings...
In July, Houzz released its annual home renovation report. Here are some of the key findings:
- Clients consulted with an average of 2.5 contractors or builders before signing a contract.
- More than half (56 percent) of all Canadian homes surveyed reported undergoing renovations in 2017, spending a median price of $16,000.
- Kitchens remain the most popular room to renovate (28 percent), followed by bathrooms at 24 percent.
- The average spend on kitchens was $3,750 for small spaces and $12,000 for any that were 90-sq.ft. or larger.
- The vast majority (80 percent) of owners are seeking cash deals. First-time homeowners are the group most likely to seek payment by credit card.
Stories continue below