Click for On Demand Webinar
- Lisa Bergeron, Director of Business Development and Regulatory Affairs, JELD-WEN of Canada
- Andrew Oding, VP, Director of Building Science, Building Knowledge Canada
Staying informed on the latest building and energy code changes can be challenging but it is essential for any contractor, builder or architect.
Join fenestration industry experts who will help you navigate this ever-changing landscape and ensure you are prepared for the future and you remain competitive in today’s market:
– What are the code changes, and what does that mean for Canadians?
– How are manufacturers adapting to the new requirements?
– Does window orientation/exposure play a role?
– Do aluminum or wood cladding improve energy efficiency and structural performance?
Lisa Bergeron – is Director of Business Development and Regulatory Affairs for JELD-WEN of Canada, a global leader in window and door manufacturing, representing the company on provincial, national and international trade associations. Her position also involves engaging with the different levels of government on industry related issues such as building and energy codes.
Mrs. Bergeron has been with the company since 1996, occupying sales management positions as well as marketing manager. Since 2010, her efforts have been focused on leading the fenestration industry in challenging economic times. She is a past President of Fenestration Canada and current President of the AVFQ, the Quebec Window and Door Manufacturers Association and is a board member of Fenestration Manitoba. Mrs. Bergeron also sits on their Technical Research Committee as well as on the Manufactured Homes Council of CHBA.
Mrs. Bergeron is also an FGIA representative and voting member on the JDMG and is Co-Chair of the FGIA’s NAFS Committee. Mrs. Bergeron also sits on NRCan’s Energy Efficient Fenestration Steering Committee which sets criteria for the ENERGY STAR program in Canada and is a voting member of the CSA A440 standard technical committee. Mrs. Bergeron also sits on the Windows Experts Team of NRCan Market Transformation. Mrs. Bergeron is also an Ambassador for the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.
Andrew Oding – is Vice President, Director of Building Science of Building Knowledge Canada
With an extensive background as a builder for30+ years Andrew brings a real-life practicality to building science principles and their in-field applications. An engaging speaker and industry recognized leader, Mr. Oding and the BKC team works with over 350+ builder clients across North America . As a recognized building science trainer by the government of Canada-Office of Energy Efficiency, Building Science Specialist (University of Toronto), and HVAC designer (HRAI), Mr. Oding is working closely with the development of the new National Building Code of Canada, proposed tiered code -Standing Committee on Energy Efficiency in Housing and Building, the re-development of ASHRAE 90.2 SSPC Energy efficiency standard for low-rise residential buildings and 90.2 and many advanced building programs.
Mr. Oding is well known for his work with Net Zero Housing, Chairing the CHBA Net Zero Council and Management Committee at it’s inception from 2014-2016 . As one of Canada’s first qualified NZ Qualified Energy Advisor and Trainer, Andrew and the BKC team have over 850+ NZ Home projects and communities completed as of 2022 , working with some of North Americas finest builders and community developers.
• Past-Chair of the Canadian Homebuilders Association Net Zero Housing Council. 2014-2018
• NBC National Building Code Canada (Tiered 2020 Energy Code-NZR) Standing Committee Member Energy Efficiency in Buildings and Homes, SCEE committee- 2018-present
• Vice President – Canadian Association of Consulting Energy Advisors: CACEA Board Member 2021-present
• NBC National Building Code Canada JTG Joint Task Group -Potential Consequences of High Performance Homes-Member 2022-present
• Chair, Working Group NBC 2020-21 Tiered Energy Code-NZR- Unintended Consequences WG
• CSA 424 Building Energy Systems –Residential Working Group –Executive Committee 2019-current
• Chair, CSA Part 9 Task Force- on IEQ Indoor environmental quality. 2020-current
• ASHRAE 90.2 Residential Energy Efficiency Standard committee member 2016-2019
• Chair of the Canadian Homebuilders Association Technical Research & Code Committee (TRC). 2017-2019
• EEBA Trainer-Building Science 2012-present
• Past-Chair of the CaGBC LEED for Homes Technical Committee 2008-2011
• Past-Chair of Ontario Home Builders Association Technical Committee 2010-13
• Past Chair of Canadian Green Building Council LEED for Homes 2007-2011
• ENERGY STAR for New Homes Technical Standing Committee member and past-Chair 2008-2010